Location: Ferrybridge Knottingley
Client: John Sisk and Son
Value: £8.0 million
Duration: 40 weeks
This large scale, £300 million facility was awarded by John Sisk to carry out all structural concrete sub-structure and super-structure works.
The multi-fuel power station produces low carbon electricity and heat by burning waste derived fuel from various sources of processed municipal solid waste, waste wood products, and commercial and industrial waste.
- Previous experience and performance on similar projects were instrumental in this award.
- Extensive temporary works designs were implemented for complex and high-risk structures.
- Slipform and Jump forming techniques were utilised to undertake the works.
- Elements of the works included precast concrete manufacture and installation.
- Health and Safety manager permanently based on site to oversee large scale workforce.
- Unique challenges presented and overcome in terms of time restraints and working in tandem with other trades.